Meet the Band

Links >
Spence - Vocals Follow Spence on Twitter! Lea - Drums Follow Lea on Twitter! Chaz - Bass Follow Chaz on Twitter! Cal - Guitar Follow Cal on Twitter!

31.12.08

Thoughts.

So I've been reading up lately about music and the music industry...everything isn't all that it seems.

It's kind of a harsh reality looking at what is interposed between idealistic dreams and hours of practice with the band and music stardom. Obviously for the musician, music is a passion and a creation of the purest kind, but at the end of the day, it is and always will be a business for those who want to cash in on the fact that music makes people happy.

I know it sounds cliche and probably no one will believe me, but music isn't about money or fame; it's about having the wherewithal to have the creative freedom that comes with only the biggest of success.

Don't get me wrong, if my band and musical pursuits are blessed with the kind of success that every musician and band dreams of when they start out learning scales, then I will enjoy every second of it and have the car and big house with a recording studio, etc. I think those are the perks that come with rising to the top of any profession.

However, at the end of the day, if I were to be given a choice between playing a concert for 1000 people and $1000 dollars, that would sure be a night to remember.

In my opinion, there are a LOT of people with money out there, but only the rare, lucky few that get to do the thing they love and make people happy.

So as I write this blog to one subscriber, maybe one day with persistence I'll get to do what I love for a living and live the dream.

Spence
Front Man

No comments:

Post a Comment